Monday, February 3, 2014

Health post of the day

Today was a good day for me health wise. It was a snow day so class was canceled. I had the morning off to do pretty much whatever I wanted. So I started off the day just relaxing and catching up on the blogger and vloggers that I follow. I love watching them for ideas to inspire me and motivation to eat healthier and live a healthier lifestyle. After a whole of relaxing I decided it was time to have breakfast. So for breakfast I decided to have: 

This is plain Greek chobani yogurt fat free with 1/4 cup multigrain o's from trader joes, then on top is one big strawberry cut up and a medium banana.Then I sprinkled some cinnamon on top for some extra flavor and I love it. I've never been a big fan of cinnamon but I've been reading a lot about the health benefits. I decided to purchase some this weekend and it's definatly the perfect addition to breakfast.  Then I also had coffee with 1/4 cup almond milk. Normally I have my coffee black but today I was just craving almond milk. Probably because I was starving this morning. All together this was under 300 calories which is amazing for the amount of food I had. Super healthy and nutritious. 

I also did some working out today which is amazing because I haven't been working out lately. I first did some of my version of Zumba which is pretty much me blasting music and doing a ton of moves that I remember from all the classes I've taken in different gyms. Then after a while I got bored of it and decided to do the tone it up total body workout on YouTube. That was definatly intense. After not working out for a long time my body wasn't used to moving so many muscles. It was hard but felt good on my body. I really liked it and will probably do it again soon. My result of my workout was: 

 About 15 minutes after working out I had some passion fruit zico coconut water for the first time. I also bought it this weekend and I bought passion fruit because the passion fruit flavor was on sale. I drank about half of it. It wasn't the best drink I ever tried but it was drinkable. I wanted to try it because I heard how good it is and because it has a lot of potassium which is good for the body. I don't think I'll be repurchasing this flavor but I might try some other flavor of the zico water to see if ill like them more. 

Then an hour after that I had lunch which I forgot to take a picture of but I had some baked seasoned salmon. I had about 4 ounces of that. I also had a yellow bell pepper chopped up and some leftover sautéed cabbage with tomato, mushrooms, carrots and a third of an Italian sausage. I had about a cup of the sautéed mix. The mix was from dinner last night but it was so good that I just wanted some of the leftovers for lunch. With the lunch I also had some plain hot green tea. Green tea is super healthy and full of antioxidants. I try to have green yea at least once a day.  Throughout the day I've also drank one 16 oz bottle of water. 

So that's been pretty much my health of the day. For dinner ill probably have something not too heavy since I don't feel that hungry. 

Thanks for reading my blog. I'll keep you guys updated with more of my meals and progress. 

Lost 1 pound this week:) 

Bye guys !! Subscribe 

No comments:

Post a Comment